Practice merger consultation letter
Consultation with patients regarding the proposed merger of: Woodford Medical Centre and Fieldhouse Medical Group
As a patient at one of the above GP practices, we are writing to you to let you know that we are starting a formal consultation about the possibility of merging both of these practices into one practice from 1st April 2023. General Practice is currently being faced with unprecedented challenges, particularly following the COVID-19 pandemic. The limited finances available in the NHS and difficulty recruiting new doctors and nurses as existing staff move on or reach retirement age are likely to affect our ability to deliver contracted services in the future.
The two practices involved in this merger have already been closely working together since moving into Freshney Green Primary Care Centre, and their relationship was further strengthened by the creation of the Freshney Pelham PCN. As a result, they deliver several health care services together including the extended access service each evening and at weekends.
If the practice proposal to merge is successful we will continue to operate from the existing premises at Freshney Green Primary Care Centre, so in reality, patients will not notice any major changes to the service they currently receive.
The aim of the merger is therefore to:
- Provide sustainable high quality consistent care for our registered patients.
- Improve access to more clinical staff for patients, at more sites
- Futureproof the Practices and provides us with better opportunities to recruit clinical staff.
Next steps, please tell us your views.
The formal consultation to obtain your views on the proposed merger will start from 5th December 2022 and ending on 9th January 2023.
Your feedback will be used to help us make a decision and to ensure we provide a service that meets our patients’ needs.
You can have your say on the merger using the following methods:
- Collect a comment card from your practice. In each practice there is a designated box for completed comment cards.
- Complete the feedback from received via text message (for patients that use this service)
- Email either practice directly to request a questionnaire on email@example.com
- Write to us at the Freshney Green Primary Care Centre address.
- If you wish to speak to a member of staff to talk you through this, please contact the Practice and arrange for a call back for the Business Manager.
Frequently Asked Question sheets are available at the practice and also on our website.
The closing date for comments and feedback will be 9th January 2023.
Dr Jafri, Dr John, Dr Ramesh and Dr Davey