Practice Specific meetings are held every six months on the third Tuesday February and the third Tuesday August (there are some exceptions so please look at our calendar below before attending the meetings) at Freshney Green Seminar Room 1 between 6.30pm and 7.30pm. Primary Care Network Wide meetings are held on the thrid Wednesday of May and the Third Wednesday of November. These meetings need your input. The group actively encourages and welcomes new members.
For further details about the group please contact the practice.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and in line with the government guidelines, face to face meetings have been suspended until further notice. We will resume those meetings as soon as possible.
Why Have a PPG?
Patient participation can benefit both patients and practices. Having a PPG creates a connection between the practice and its patients; allowing open, constructive discussion and analysis of service provision and offering an alternative perspective on many of the topics relevant to general practice.
A PPG is a mechanism which at different times can represent the patient population to the practice and the practice to the wider community. PPGs can help the practice to account for its provision of healthcare through various mechanisms, with the outcomes being used to improve the quality and level of healthcare services and facilities.
What do PPGs do?
PPGs can give you an involvement with your practice and could give you a say in the workings of the Care Trust. These are some examples of what the group could be expected to be involved with:
- consult and plan with patients whenever possible on the facilities and provision of services
- bring a sense of ownership and partnership between practice staff and patients
- give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest
- allow patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and their own healthcare
- develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
How Can You Help?
If you think you would like to be part of our Group and be able to influence the future of your healthcare provision or would like more information about our PPG, please join us in one of our sessions. We meet bi-monthly on the 3rd Tuesday of every odd month